I was in the market for some long-life, multi-use batteries for a new camera and couldn't pass up this offering from Rayovac.
For $9.99 (at Target) I got a charger, (2) AA, and (2) AAA Batteries...most NiMH batteries and chargers run $19.99-$29.99...big savings!
Plus, I should probably mention that I am a big Rayovac fan. I have run their standard AA alkaline batteries in the Wiimotes and Balance Board for years. I get great life cycles and can pick up 24 or 36 packs for $10 or less when they are on sale! Given my positive sentiment for the company and their batteries I decided this was the way to go.
In addition to the Charger and included batteries I picked up a 4-Pack of AA Batteries for $7.99.
That's basically $17.98 for a charger, (6) AA Batteries, and (2) AAA Batteries...I don't think I could find a better deal anywhere! If these NiMH hold up as well as the standard alkaline batteries I will be very happy.
As mentioned, my primary use for these NiMH batteries is a digital camera. However, the Wiimotes (and all Nintendo accessories take standard issue alkaline batteries), BUT you can run NiMH batteries, just not lithium ion. The issue is simply voltage and not overpowering the Wiimote (which will create "noise" and in some cases damage the Wiimote).
That said, I might see how a pair of these NiMH hold up in the Wiimote and since they were included, I plan ot use the (2) AAA in the EA Active Heart Rate Monitor and Motion Sensor (which really drained batteries down fast!). I think the packaged AAAs lasted a week in the motion sensor. I will gladly take a shot with these NiMH AAA batteries.
Overall this is a great set-up. The charger itself is compact and durable...it will charge (2) or (4) batteries at a time and you can charge (2) AA with (2) AAA or (4) AA/AAA, or just (2) AA/AAA. Just make sure that the batteries are side-by-side AA, AA, AAA, AAA for example, not AA, AAA, AA, AAA. The way it was packaged is a bit misleading, but there is a nice diagram to explain it.
Again, for under $20 you get a charger, (2) AAA, and (6) AA Batteries, and the satisfaction of knowing you can run the same set of batteries for roughly 400 charge cycles! That means the batteries and charger will literally pay for themselves in no time!
If you've got any questions on this product feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer...I am hopeful that I will get great battery life for the new digital camera!
- Skylanders Imaginators
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- NBA Playgrounds
- Minelogix-Minecraft PC
- Stardew Valley - PC
- Wii Fit U (Wii U)
- Animal Crossing amiibo Festival (Wii U)
- Yoshi's Wooly World
- Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS
- ► 2017 (32)
- ► 2016 (49)
- ► 2015 (54)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (227)
- ► 2012 (207)
- Club Nintendo - Order Complete
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure: Unboxing Wrecking B...
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure: Unboxing Hex
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure : Unboxing Dino-Rang...
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Triple Pack Breakdow...
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure: Unboxing Zap
- Rayovac Charger and Rechareable NiMH Batteries
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure: Unboxing Whirlwind
- Unboxing Stealth Elf
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Unboxing the Pirate ...
- Adventure Pack Skylanders: Ghost Roaster and Terra...
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure: Sonic Boom
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Triple Pack: Drobot,...
- Nintendo of America's News Breaks with Reggie
- Unboxing Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Legendary P...
- Unboxing Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Darklight C...
- Unboxing Sklyanders: Spyro's Adventure for the Wii...
- ▼ November (17)