Mayan Apocalypse got you down? Well fear not, for Fall 2012 will feature Skylanders Giants! So even if we are set on a course for imminent destruction, you will have something to unload the last bit of cash you won't be needing anymore!
Skylanders Giants aims to pick up with similar game play to Spyro's Adventure. They promise more challenges and more expansive worlds. There will be 8 Giants (one per element) and there should be one new, regular sized, Skylander per element. So in theory, diehards from this title will only need 16 figures to complete the collection, although I'm sure it won't be that simple and we will likely see special releases and limited editions (pay attention to the Toys'R'Us partnership in the press release link).
I wasn't online until after work and got news of this straight from the twitter feed thanks to kris1118, dankwoah, and daphtaru...many thanks for the heads up.
You can view the official game trailer here:
TreeRex makes things look promising! If you skim the new you can find a few screen shots of a couple more of the "new" Skylanders, which is funny since we still don't have Lightning Rod, Warnado, Camo, Zook, or Sunburn from Spyro's Adventure, lol. Nonetheless, I am personally excited about it and I'm sure everyone else is. One thing that bothers me is how the game is continually targeted (not just marketed) at kids. This is a GREAT GAME...you do not have to shy away from the "elder" teens, 20 somethings, or beyond. Market it to the kids, but acknowledge your full audience every once in awhile!
With the game already in the works, I doubt there will be major changes...likely just new elements via the Giants and what not. I wouldn't bank on seeing online battle modes or anything like that. The best news of the sequel is that all of our Skylanders we know and love from Spyro's Adventure will be forward compatible,a trend I hope they continue as this series will likely continue to grow.
If Activision reads this I would love to at least get a means to control the camera...that isn't asking much! Also, more enemies in the levels would be a nice touch, and if you release an EXCLUSIVE Skylander...DO NOT RESCIND ON THAT LABELING!! Another personal thought is that it might be cool to have a "mini-boss" wearing a hat. That way instead of opening a present, you can bash a bad guy, get some experience points, and take their hat. Not sure anyone else thinks this would be a good idea, but I do and I figure what the heck, lol.
Dankwoah on Twitter shot me this link:
http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=646775 has this information from an Activision Press Release and Acquire Media. It provides a pretty good synopsis of what to expect.
You can catch a few screen shots here:
I posted that one for a reason...note Flynn standing in the screen grab...BOOM! ACES! I am glad he is coming back and I hope they will keep the same voice actors.
Here is a link to some gameplay footage shot at the announcement:
You can scan the net and find a lot more...including a couple shots of another giant and another Skylander. I'll let you do that on your own.
And just to update on my end, I have Slam Bam's Heroic Challenge (Part 69) and Empire of Ice (Parts 70-71) live on YouTube. I should also be getting Cynder and Double Trouble in today (Wednesday) or tomorrow. Look for their unboxings and the 3DS unboxing soon!
Keep your fingers crossed this game is even better than Spyro's Adventure and won't feature the weapon master (couldn't help myself). It looks promising and I plan to pick it up as soon as it comes out!
- Skylanders Imaginators
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- NBA Playgrounds
- Minelogix-Minecraft PC
- Stardew Valley - PC
- Wii Fit U (Wii U)
- Animal Crossing amiibo Festival (Wii U)
- Yoshi's Wooly World
- Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS
- ► 2017 (32)
- ► 2016 (49)
- ► 2015 (54)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (227)
- Blog Poll #17: What Would You Like to See Next?
- Blog Poll #16: Which Version of Spyro is Your Favo...
- Blog Poll #15: Magic Element Upgrade Paths
- Blog Poll #14 Results: Who is Your Favorite Gold S...
- Blog Poll #13 Results: Who is Your Favorite "Silve...
- Blog Poll #12 Results: Who is Your Favorite Legend...
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Chapter 22: The Lair...
- BOOM! ACES! CAKE! Skylands is Saved!
- Wiisdom Blog Poll #15: Double Trouble's Upgrade Pa...
- Skylanders Update 2-23-2012 and Street Pass "Inact...
- Skylanders Stock Update 2-16-2012
- Blog Poll #14: Who is Your Favorite Gold Skylander...
- Blog Poll #13: Who is Your Favorite "Silver" Skyla...
- Blog Poll #12: Who is Your Favorite Legendary Skyl...
- Blog Poll #11 Results: Who is Your Favorite Fire E...
- Blog Poll #10 Results: Who is Your Favorite Life E...
- Skylanders Collection: Wave 3 Complete 2/14/2012
- How to Transfer Skylanders from Save File to Save ...
- Sklyanders: Spyro's Adventure Unboxing Cynder
- Sklyanders: Spyro's Adventure Unboxing Double Trou...
- Skylanders Giants Coming Fall 2012
- Finally....Cynder and Double Trouble Single Packs
- Blog Poll #11: Who is Your Favorite Fire Element S...
- Blog Poll #10: Who is Your Favorite Life Element S...
- Blog Poll #9 Results: Who is Your Favorite Air Ele...
- Blog Poll #8 Results: Who is Your Favorite Water E...
- Weekly Skylanders Update: Ground Hog Day Edition
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Empire of Ice
- ▼ February (28)