Well, this is a few days later than I intended to post, but oh well.
My local stores have been desolate. The Drobots and Prism Breaks adorning the racks were even getting picked up. When I ran to town, Target had....NOTHING.
Walmart had this sign:
Note the "exclusive" sticker...just like Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant Single Packs used to wear. They really need to be reprimanded for this shady tactic.
Not vesting too much time in that, Toys'R'Us finally had some new stuff. And I see why. You can't read it well in the picture, but all those "handmade" signs that look like an employee was tasked with printing from Microsoft Paint read, "All Skylanders, Limit 1 per Customer." I guess they FINALLY got the clue that the ladies who come in the store and buy up all the Skylanders probably don't have 250 nieces and nephews. I'm sure if not for that policy change the racks would have been desolate.
But alas, a welcome sight...one which newcomers often doubted me on:
Not only are there racks of Dark Light Crypt and Pirate Seas (which have been out since Day 1 btw), there are FOUR ROWS STOCKED DEEP OF THE LEGENDARY TRIPLE PACKS.
I didn't even bother to buy one (I got 3 back on the first release, again primarly based on their "exclusive" status...and realax, one was for me to use, one was for a gift, and the other was just to keep boxed in case they were ever worth something). This game is going to be so expensive to "complete" I didn't feel like shelling out another $25...especially when I got the same triple pack for $19.99 back in October.
But, nonetheless the stock returned...
The real kicker though is this...
My local Toys'R'Us has still not gotten ANY Wave 3 Skylanders or Empire of Ice. I have a few employees I trust and 2 that I trust and know are familiar with the game etc. It blows my mind how activision is handling this...I assure you they are simply structuring shipments and what not to do their best to keep they hype going all the way until Wham-Shell precedes Skylanders Giants.
The entire process is actually starting to take away from the game. I don't mind having a hard time tracking down Silver/Gold/Blue Skylanders...but when casual players feel like they need to shell out $50 to some scalper nested in the coves of ebay I start to get a sour taste in my mouth.
Playing the game helps a bit, and I am hoping more stores adopt the "1 per customer" rule to prevent these pirates from influencing so many of us to resort to buying their plundered loot.
I really enjoy the game, and am looking forward to wrapping it up, but the prospect of chasing tail and burning hours of time and cash on gas to put around town for the next wave of releases doesn't really interest me as much as it once did. It was fun for awhile, but the same antics grow old quick when you begin to view them as more of a patter of choice than chance.
I still plan to pick up all 37 Skylanders, but I sure as heck won't give more than retail for any of them. I don't have that kind of money or time. Maybe by the time Giants comes out I will have regained the enthusiasm behind it all, but that remains to be seen...a large part of it will have to do with the "frenzy" and how it pans out.
Nonetheless, I've been busy...I just got 3 New Polls opened up on the blog and I hope to play Pirate Seas and Dark Light Crypt on my "new" Save File to see how the progress looks...I'll then record Chapter 22 and call it good until new Skylanders or Dragon's Peak is available. I might progress with getting some favorites up on their Heroic Challenges, or simply start recording a new game.
See you on the flipside...
- Skylanders Imaginators
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- NBA Playgrounds
- Minelogix-Minecraft PC
- Stardew Valley - PC
- Wii Fit U (Wii U)
- Animal Crossing amiibo Festival (Wii U)
- Yoshi's Wooly World
- Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS
- ► 2017 (32)
- ► 2016 (49)
- ► 2015 (54)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (227)
- Blog Poll #17: What Would You Like to See Next?
- Blog Poll #16: Which Version of Spyro is Your Favo...
- Blog Poll #15: Magic Element Upgrade Paths
- Blog Poll #14 Results: Who is Your Favorite Gold S...
- Blog Poll #13 Results: Who is Your Favorite "Silve...
- Blog Poll #12 Results: Who is Your Favorite Legend...
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Chapter 22: The Lair...
- BOOM! ACES! CAKE! Skylands is Saved!
- Wiisdom Blog Poll #15: Double Trouble's Upgrade Pa...
- Skylanders Update 2-23-2012 and Street Pass "Inact...
- Skylanders Stock Update 2-16-2012
- Blog Poll #14: Who is Your Favorite Gold Skylander...
- Blog Poll #13: Who is Your Favorite "Silver" Skyla...
- Blog Poll #12: Who is Your Favorite Legendary Skyl...
- Blog Poll #11 Results: Who is Your Favorite Fire E...
- Blog Poll #10 Results: Who is Your Favorite Life E...
- Skylanders Collection: Wave 3 Complete 2/14/2012
- How to Transfer Skylanders from Save File to Save ...
- Sklyanders: Spyro's Adventure Unboxing Cynder
- Sklyanders: Spyro's Adventure Unboxing Double Trou...
- Skylanders Giants Coming Fall 2012
- Finally....Cynder and Double Trouble Single Packs
- Blog Poll #11: Who is Your Favorite Fire Element S...
- Blog Poll #10: Who is Your Favorite Life Element S...
- Blog Poll #9 Results: Who is Your Favorite Air Ele...
- Blog Poll #8 Results: Who is Your Favorite Water E...
- Weekly Skylanders Update: Ground Hog Day Edition
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Empire of Ice
- ▼ February (28)