Here is the official Press Release regarding the Skylanders Creator App and information on October's Creation Contest!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- 3D Printed Imaginator Figure – Fans can bring their character creations from the digital world to life in the physical world as a 3D printed Skylanders Imaginators figure. The custom-printed Imaginator arrives in full color, posed on a base and enclosed in a clear protective dome -- making it a true collector’s item. The figure is fully playable in the Skylanders Imaginators console game! Quantities are limited for 3D figures.
- Imaginator Card – Fans also have the option to order high-quality, custom made trading cards emblazoned with a full color image of their creation and fully playable in Skylanders Imaginators. Players simply place the card on the Portal of PowerTM and watch their creations come to life in the videogame.
- Imaginator T-Shirt – Portal Masters can show off their Imaginators on a premium, full- color, customized T-shirt featuring an image of their very own creation, the character’s Battle Class, element and name!
- CBS Films: Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life – James Patterson’s Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life and Skylanders® have one major thing in common: they’re giving kids the freedom to re-write the rules of play! The two powerhouse entertainment brands are teaming up to celebrate the release of the film Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life on and the Skylanders Imaginators videogame launch on in North America. GameStop’s Skylanders® Adventure Club members in the US who pre-order Skylanders Imaginators will receive two free movie tickets to Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life while supplies last between Sept. 24 – *.
- Skylanders 3D Printed Contest: Starting , Portal Masters can win the opportunity to receive their custom 3D-printed Imaginator figure via a globalSkylanders 3D-printed Imaginator contest. To participate, fans are encouraged to create an Imaginator in Skylanders Imaginators or using the Skylanders Creator app. Shared creations on social media channels using the dedicated #CreatorContest will be automatically entered to win.
- “Skylanders Academy” – On , Activision Blizzard Studios in partnership with Netflix will debut “Skylanders Academy,” a new animated action adventure series based on the award-winning Skylanders franchise. The show follows Master Eon as he assembles a ragtag group of heroes to protect the universe from evil-doers Kaos and the Doom Raiders. Jam-packed with humor, heart and memorable moments, “Skylanders Academy” promises to keep viewers on the edge of their seats with epic action for kids of all ages. The new original series will debut worldwide on Netflix with 13 episodes.