Skylanders Creator App Overview
Custom 3D Printed Skylander: $49.99 with FREE Shipping
Imaginators Card: $14.99 with FREE Shipping
Imaginator T-Shirt: $24.99 with Additional Shipping Charges
Here is the official Press Release regarding the Skylanders Creator App and information on October's Creation Contest!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WHO WILL YOU CREATE? SKYLANDERS IMAGINATORS WANTS TO KNOW!
Month-Long Celebration Counts Down to Launch and More; Kick-off Begins with Skylanders Creator, a New, Free Mobile App that Lets Kids Create Skylanders on the Go!Santa Monica, Calif. – – Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) and Skylanders® Imaginators is dedicating the entire month of October to creation and bringing imaginations to life. The month-long celebration includes the launch of Skylanders Imaginators, this year’s tentpole console game release; Skylanders™ Academy, the Netflix Original series;Skylanders Creator, a new mobile app that allows kids to create characters on-the-go; and much more.
The Countdown to Creation begins with the release of Skylanders™ Creator, a new free mobile app that offers Portal Masters a one-of-a-kind experience to create Imaginator characters on-the-go! Featuring the robust creation tools similar to those available in the console game, players can simply download Skylanders Creator from select iOS and Android mobile devices’ app stores to begin creating Imaginators from scratch – or players can magically transfer their created characters from the console game to the app using state-of-the-art audio technology.
For the first time in toys-to-life history, fans can use Skylanders Creator to immortalize their Skylanders Imaginators creations in a variety of physical forms including:
- 3D Printed Imaginator Figure – Fans can bring their character creations from the digital world to life in the physical world as a 3D printed Skylanders Imaginators figure. The custom-printed Imaginator arrives in full color, posed on a base and enclosed in a clear protective dome -- making it a true collector’s item. The figure is fully playable in the Skylanders Imaginators console game! Quantities are limited for 3D figures.
- Imaginator Card – Fans also have the option to order high-quality, custom made trading cards emblazoned with a full color image of their creation and fully playable in Skylanders Imaginators. Players simply place the card on the Portal of PowerTM and watch their creations come to life in the videogame.
- Imaginator T-Shirt – Portal Masters can show off their Imaginators on a premium, full- color, customized T-shirt featuring an image of their very own creation, the character’s Battle Class, element and name!
The Skylanders Creator app will feature Timed Imaginite Chests that give users new creation parts for their Imaginators at certain times during the day, daily Sensei Chestsfeaturing special parts unique to that Skylander, a collection menu where players can access all of their created Imaginators, called My Imaginators’ Creation Gallery, and the ability to share created characters with fans around the world. The availability of the Skylanders Creator app features vary by region.
“Since we first pioneered toys-to-life, fans have been clamoring for ways to express their love for Skylanders. Now with the Skylanders Creator app and the launch of Skylanders Imaginators, the sky is the limit,” said Paul Reiche, co-founder and studio head at Toys For Bob. “This year, Skylanders is putting the power of creation in the hands of fans in ways never before imagined, and we can’t wait to see the millions of Imaginators that will be dreamed up by our Portal Masters around the world.”
The Countdown to Creation month also includes the following:
- CBS Films: Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life – James Patterson’s Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life and Skylanders® have one major thing in common: they’re giving kids the freedom to re-write the rules of play! The two powerhouse entertainment brands are teaming up to celebrate the release of the film Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life on and the Skylanders Imaginators videogame launch on in North America. GameStop’s Skylanders® Adventure Club members in the US who pre-order Skylanders Imaginators will receive two free movie tickets to Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life while supplies last between Sept. 24 – *.
- Skylanders 3D Printed Contest: Starting , Portal Masters can win the opportunity to receive their custom 3D-printed Imaginator figure via a globalSkylanders 3D-printed Imaginator contest. To participate, fans are encouraged to create an Imaginator in Skylanders Imaginators or using the Skylanders Creator app. Shared creations on social media channels using the dedicated #CreatorContest will be automatically entered to win.
- “Skylanders Academy” – On , Activision Blizzard Studios in partnership with Netflix will debut “Skylanders Academy,” a new animated action adventure series based on the award-winning Skylanders franchise. The show follows Master Eon as he assembles a ragtag group of heroes to protect the universe from evil-doers Kaos and the Doom Raiders. Jam-packed with humor, heart and memorable moments, “Skylanders Academy” promises to keep viewers on the edge of their seats with epic action for kids of all ages. The new original series will debut worldwide on Netflix with 13 episodes.
Portal Masters can unleash their imaginations like never before when Skylanders Imaginators launches in North America on Skylanders Imaginators empowers players to unleash their imaginations by giving them the freedom to create their own Skylander. Kids will enjoy the immense possibilities available in the game -- including appearance, powers, abilities, names, catchphrases, musical themes and much more -- to create the wildest Skylanders imaginable. The new game introduces two new guest star characters, Crash Bandicoot® and his arch-nemesis Dr. Neo Cortex, to the lineup of Skylanders Sensei characters as fully-playable toys in Skylanders Imaginators. A fully-playable Kaos toy will be available for free to fans who pre-order and purchase a Skylanders Imaginatorsstarter pack between , while supplies last.! Developed by Toys For Bob and Activision Publishing,
Developed by Toys For Bob, Skylanders Imaginators supports all 300+ Skylanders from previous games. The Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack will be available for the suggested retail price of $74.99.
In North America, 3D-printed Imaginator Figures will be available for the suggested price of $49.99 each; includes free shipping. Limited quantities will be available. Imaginator T-Shirts will be sold for $24.99 each with availability and shipping costs varying. Lastly, fans can get their hands on Imaginator Cards for $14.99; including free shipping. These items will be available using the Skylanders Creator app, which is a free mobile download, subject to availability by territory.
About the Skylanders® FranchiseThe award-winning, $3 billion Skylanders® franchise has sold through more than 250 million toys1 since pioneering the toys-to-life category in 2011 with the debut ofSkylanders® Spyro’s Adventure. The game originated a play pattern that seamlessly bridged physical and virtual worlds across multiple platforms. In 2012, Skylanders® Giants further evolved the genre and added LightCore® characters to the collection of interaction figures. Skylanders® SWAP Force™, which launched in 2013, introduced an all new play pattern – swapability. In 2014, Skylanders® Trap Team reversed the magic of bringing toys to life by allowing players to pull characters out of the digital world into the physical world and became the number 1 kids’ console game globally1. Skylanders® SuperChargers launched in 2015 and expanded upon the franchise’s signature gameplay to introduce vehicles-to-life for the first time.
About Activision PublishingHeadquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com or by following @Activision.