Blog Poll #36 asked, "Do You Like Skystones?"
The choices were held to "Yes" and "No" to keep things simple.
If you wonder what Skystones is, it is a tile game in Skylanders Giants. There tends to be someone in each chapter that you can play to win new stones, cash, and in some cases keys to unlock doors etc.
And yes...that is where the question arose...Skystones is NOT optional. There are times in the game you will have to play it. Sometimes you can have a Giant circumvent things (ie Ch 12), and others you COULD play a Skystone Cheat from Auric, but for the common player Skystones will have to be dealt with at some point.
I will be honest, at first I despised it...Just something other trivial task to keep me from doing what I want to do (ie be surrounded by a swarm of enemies or overcome an epic ambush). That said, as I play the game more, I don't mind it near as much. It does get old having to play and replay to see what a certain character will give you, or pay out, but I feel obligated to do so...
If I wasn't recording the gameplay it wouldn't be a big deal to "investigate." I try to never go over 3 plays unless we have gotten new stones and I am curious as to how much you can "win."
As I progress (currently ready for Chapter 13) I don't mind Skystones. I have noticed it is much more annoying when I'm tired, but overall it isn't too bad. At first I likened it to SSA's Pirate Seas card game, but it was in the ENTIRE game. With time, I've kind of grown to enjoy it...I would still prefer to get ambushed by Kaos' dark minions, but I guess it could be worse.
Anyway, let's take a look at the results:
We had a nice sampling of 123 Voters (thanks to everyone who took the time to cast their vote!) and the results were roughly 3-in-every-4 Voters like Skystones!
I honestly thought we'd see something closer to a 55-65 window either way, but if over 75% of Voters enjoy Skystones it speaks well for connecting with fans.
That said roughly one-quarter of voters did not like Skystones...that is too big of a minority to just overlook.
I can honestly see it from either vantage point.
- Skylanders Imaginators
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- NBA Playgrounds
- Minelogix-Minecraft PC
- Stardew Valley - PC
- Wii Fit U (Wii U)
- Animal Crossing amiibo Festival (Wii U)
- Yoshi's Wooly World
- Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS
- ► 2017 (32)
- ► 2016 (49)
- ► 2015 (54)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (227)
- Happy New Year (2013)
- Skylanders Topps Trading Cards
- Merry Christmas (2012 Edition)
- Review of Skylanders Giants Collector Card Starter...
- Weekly Update 12/21/12 and Wave 3 Giants Info
- Skylanders Giants Wave 3 and LightCore Shroomboom ...
- Nintendo Power The Final issue, December 2012
- Review of TRU Exclusive Topps Skylanders Giants Co...
- Club Nintendo Platinum Playing Cards
- Unboxing Skylanders Giants Topps Fat Pack
- Skylanders Giants: Gold Flameslinger Overview
- Skylanders Giants: GITD Sonic Boom Overview
- Skylanders Giants: Unboxing Hex
- Skylanders Giants: Unboxing Bash
- Skylanders Giants: Unboxing Drill Sergeant
- Blog Poll #37: Stock or Upgraded Skylanders to Bat...
- Scorpion Striker Battle Pack with Zap and Hot Dog
- Weekend Update: December 2012 Edition
- Skylanders Giants Unboxing Legendary Stealth Elf
- Blog Poll #36 Results: Skystones
- Blog Poll #35 Results Cats vs Dogs
- Blog Poll #34 Results: Wii U Purchases
- ▼ December (22)